Nettleham Gardeners’ Association | Annual Show 2016
The annual Nettleham Gardeners’ Association Summer Show took place on Saturday 3 September and – despite the weather – was a great success, with a good selection and quality of entries.
We were very pleased to see such a lovely selection of colourful exhibits at this year’s show. Although the number of exhibitors and exhibits this year was less than last year, there were still plenty of interesting items to view on the show benches.
A big thank you to the committee and all the helpers who in any way helped to make the show a success. We would also like to thank everyone who donated cakes for the afternoon tea - we couldn’t have done it without you.
We do wish we could encourage more children to enter, but realise the show falls at the start of term, so families are busy getting ready for school.
It is always good to see the talents of the people of Nettleham displayed and we received many favourable comments from visitors to the show.
For the show to run smoothly, many extra pairs of hands are needed to help set up on the Friday evening and help run the show on the Saturday. We are always very grateful for the help we receive, some from members, but also non-members, who kindly help out. Sincere thanks to all those who helped out on the two days.
Janet Bean & Judy Lawrence
Summer Show 2016 Trophy Winners
- Group 1 Nettleham Cup Barbara Hutchinson
- Group 2 Association Rose Bowl Brenda Edlington
- Group 3 Floral Art: Association Jubilee Cup Sally Bradley
- Group 4 Pot Classes: Dalby Cup Ann Harrison & Bruce Robinson (joint)
- Group 5a Vegetable Classes: Coronation Cup Brenda Edlington & Bruce Robinson (joint)
- Group 5b Vegetable Classes: A E Potter Cup Brenda Edlington
- Group 6 Vegetables Root Classes 85 Cup Brenda Edlington
- Group 8 Cakes & Pastries: Association Fruit Bowl Rachel Stow
- Group 9 Children’s Classes: Princess Diana Cup Heather Goodman (best exhibit in class)
- Group 9 Children’s Classes: Hipgrave Shield Sofie Maxey
- Group 10 Art: Geoff Clarke Memorial Cup Geoff Sherman & Blakes (joint)
- Group 11 Handicrafts: The Palmer Cup Sue Frecklington*
- Group 12 Homemade Wine: Association Shield Malcolm Leaning
- Nettleham News Cup: Best in Show Heather Goodman
* Cup collected by Tony Frecklington on behalf of his wife: Sue
‘Gingerbread People’ exhibited by Heather Goodman, which won the Nettleham News Trophy for ‘Best in Show 2016’